A focus on sustainability in the Retail industry has become paramount as consumers expect brands…
Less than a 2 minute read.
By Orla McDonnell Retail Specialist
OMD Consultancy Delivering Rapid Retail Results
Do you want to make more sales in your business? Try putting these tips into practice with your team. Remember anyone can learn to sell if they are given the right skills.
- Establish a friendship. Build rapport with your customer. Finding something in common, something that is not related to what you are selling. It doesn’t always have to be about the weather it might be a nice scarf they are wearing.
- Sell people on value. If you sell on value you are solving a problem for the customer and you will get repeat business. Think about the lifetime value of the customer, not the quick buck.
- Challenge their viewpoint. If your customer feels there is no point in buying a good quality hairbrush because it is too expensive and all their hairbrushes break anyway, you need to explain that buying a premium one made with better materials will last longer. Really, all the customer wants is a hairbrush that is going to last.
- Be authentic. Build trust with your customer. Never overstate the value of a product. Don’t pretend to know all the answers, seek out help if necessary.
- Add-on, Up-sell or Cross-sell. Actually helps your customer and in many cases saves them an extra journey. For example, Offering the correct batteries when they are purchasing a toy that requires them.
- Learn from your successes and mistakes. Hold weekly coaching sessions with your team and understand how one member got great sales and how someone else struggled. Share learnings and put into practice.
- Surprise and Delight. To arrange for the product to come in from another store/ wholesaler/ another size or colour etc that your customer really wants. Follow up by contacting them to tell them you have the item in store. Go the extra mile.
- Pay attention to customer psychology. Some customers are more chatty than others, adapt your style to suit your customer.
- Don’t act desperate. If you sell a customer what they don’t want, you will do more harm than good. You are providing a solution for your customer, not the other way round.
If you are interested in Retail Customer Service Training for your team
Or If you are interested in signing up to a bespoke Mystery Shopper programme
Let’s chat about how we can help. Avail of your free Consultation today!
Get in touch http://s893270745.websitehome.co.uk/contact/